Monday, April 19, 2010

The break was nice but now I am back at it ...

After the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon, I gave myself a week of eating bad and not running. Well, more like my body gave me the week of not running and I just allowed myself to enjoy the new establishment in town (Hill's Brewhouse - one of the 5k sponsors.) I went there a few times in the last week and had to try the beers and a few of the things on the menu - all very good.

So, as of Sunday, I am back on track meaning back in training. One good thing about signing up for a run and sharing that information with people - you are held accountable. My friends dont make me wrong when I eat dessert or dont run, they just ask if I ran or when I will run again AND now, since most of them are running in the 5k, they are asking when we can run together.

So, my friend that I mentioned in the blog a couple of weeks back wanted to run again. He had improved since our last ran and I was a bit slower - I would like to say it is because of the half marathon but the truth was that I had a few samples of the beer at the Brewhouse the day before ... oh well, I was still out there running some of it off and getting back on track!

Allow yourself a break every now and again as long as you get back on track eventually ...

No comments:

Post a Comment