Sunday, February 28, 2010

TreadMill Running

In addition to the 5k training, I am first hoping to finish another 1/2 marathon in April. The key word is "finish." Part of me wanted to better my time from before but with this run being right after winter, it has been hard for me to get into the training regime.

Lately, I have converted to treadmill running. It is harder for me to get on the treadmill and run long distances than to get outside and run. On the treadmill, I turn on a TV show or movie but just like any other time, I want to do something else when the commercial comes on. It is also hard for me to not look at the distance and time and get frustrated because my mind is thinking that I ran 3 miles but really on ran .5 mile.

Yesterday I forced myself to run a treadmill program. It has a scheduled distance and a scheduled amount of time. I run until the program is complete - commercials or no commercials. I started with 30 minutes yesterday, running just over 2 miles and today, will increase that time to forty minutes.

And once, there is another nice day out - I will convert back to running outdoors where once you are out there is no choice but to run back AND no commercials to divert me into doing something else besides training.

No comments:

Post a Comment