Wednesday, March 31, 2010

4 More Miles – Getting Better!

By Blue Tapp Scheffer

Craig and I ran four miles again on Monday. This run was a much better experience than my previous attempt (see March 24 post) but I’m still not at 100%. My bout of bronchitis has certainly hindered my half marathon training. With only eleven days to go, I should be in the ramping down stage before the big run. I should have been racking up significant mileage over the past several weeks but I’ve hardly been able to run at all. Craig and I will run one more long run tomorrow (11 miles) before the race on April 11. I don’t think I’ll have any problem finishing the half marathon. But I won’t be as fast or pain free as I’d like to be. My biggest concern is that I haven’t logged in enough running time in my new shoes yet so I might have a bit of leg pain in the final miles. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment