Saturday, March 20, 2010

8 Miles – Back on the Pavement after Bronchitis

by Blue Tapp Scheffer

I ran the
St. Patrick’s Day 5 Mile Run last Saturday even though I was suffering from duo maladies: bronchitis and sinus infection. The run was actually a lot of fun but I woke up the next day feeling much more sick than before. I guess I can’t expect any sympathy though! So I took a five day rest from running, rested up, drank lots of fluids and chicken soup and tried to get well.

I broke my running fast with an 8 mile run yesterday. I had expected to feel weaker and have more of a struggle than I did. My breathing was fine but I did have some foot and leg pain. Overall it was a good run on a gloriously beautifully sunny day.

The foot and leg pain is not a surprise really because my running shoes are starting to break down. They’ve got lots of miles on them. I’ll be making a trip to
Fleet Feet tomorrow for some new shoes. I need to give myself enough time to break in the new shoes before the half marathon on April 11. I’ve only got three weeks. Breaking in new shoes can be a terrible pain… quite literally. I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment