Sunday, March 28, 2010

On my way ...

Today, I did nine miles ... well, 6 miles and then another 3 miles but that equals nine!

A friend put me on a schedule of running to get me ready for April 11th - 13.1 miles of running/walking and even crawling maybe. April 11th is the Go!St. Louis half and full marathon for which I am registered for the half.

A few tips ...
  • I have to sign up for the next race to keep on track. I need that target - so know yourself if you are running or training. Are you running for fun? or for the next race? either way, do what you do.
  • Make a schedule that works with your existing schedule. If you have a meeting every Monday, then find or revise a schedule that does not have you running long runs on that day.
  • And last, do what you can how you can when you can. Today, a friend wanted to run three miles as part of his training. My schedule had me down for a long run. No problem. I planned my run to run 6 miles early and then meet him to do the next 3 miles. It worked for me because I needed someone to get me through those last 3 and it worked for him because I would be too exhausted to push him to do a longer run than he wanted.
Happy Training ..

No comments:

Post a Comment