Friday, March 12, 2010

Cross Training

Today was a day of cross training. After putting in 3miles in a little 30-plus minutes, I helped out at the local community garden. The work at the community garden had nothing to do with running but working the arms, backs, and legs will definitely help. Training for the 5k does not have to be just about the miles that you put in but also about how you condition the body.

I was telling a friend while at the garden that I really need to take the time to stretch and work other parts of my body instead of just concentrating on miles. Another friend suggested to me earlier today that I consider adding crunches and sit-ups to my routine so I will strengthen my stomach, arms and back - while will improve my running.

So .. cross train as much as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment