Sunday, March 7, 2010

Out and About

Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill. The day was nice but loved the convenience of the old treadmill. I turned on the Matrix and ran - the action of the movie helped keep me going in parts and I felt the need to go faster as the action scenes got more intense. The run was great and I felt great. I did not run a long distance - only 3.1 miles but I felt great afterwards. It was my best time but then again, I felt great. Did you hear me - I felt great and that is all that matters with runs (in my opinion) feeling good.

Today, I left the treadmill behind and went to Forest park to run. I needed to get out of the home and get to pavement. Forest Park provides me a great place to run just because there is always someone else there. I get motivation from seeing others cycling, running, walking, or just being active. I had some problems with my iPod - I run best with music. Give me a tempo and a good fast beat and I am good to go. So, the problems with the wrong music on the iPod and the earphones not wanting to stay in my ear caused me a bit of problem but meeting up with a friend halfway through the run helped. Talking through the run made me forget the distance and also the pain in my legs ... oh well, I still felt great afterwards because I was able to enjoy the day, the nice weather and get a good run in around Forest Park - well, not completely around it. I maybe did 5 miles today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment